Wednesday 29 May 2013

Deep in the Shadows


art   
Dragontamerby ~Graysun-D  deviantart

As I was drifting into sleep, I saw I was flying over mountains, and valleys, the mountains sides covered in dark spruce, large lakes dotted about, and deep irregular valleys, the sky a deep, purple blue  In my mind I heard his voice, calling to me, I asked him, where he was, as he said “ come to me,”    landing, I got off the black stallion, that I had been riding,  and watched as he flew  away,  shrugging to myself, I walked  through the dense, forest.  Through a tangle of trees, I came to a deep gully, looking down; it seemed endless, with no bottom, only the loose soil edge, and tree roots.  “Come to me” the voice said, from within the deep crevice. “I can’t” I said, “are you to scared, to climb down,” the warm deep, melodious, voice taunted, teasingly. “ No, I’m not scared , I trust you,” I said, as I swung onto a root, and started the steep descent into the darkness, clinging to the huge roots, so I didn’t fall,  “ prove you trust me, “ said the voice, “ How” I asked,
, as the sun was setting.
“Trust and let go, fall into my arms, I will catch you” the dis-embodied voice, laughed at me.  
I took a deep breath, a small voice inside, telling me “no, it may be a trap, and you’ll get stuck,” but, ignoring, my fears, and  taking a deep breath,  feeling the loving vibration of that deep, soft, voice, that I felt I knew so well, I leant forward, closing my eyes, and let myself fall.
 Falling, softly, gently floating, through smoky clouds, of pastel blue, grey, mauve I let myself go completely, showing my full trust.
I landed on a cloud, or so it seemed, but the soft surface underneath seemed alive, but solid, the smoke, around, me, swirling, in undulating, drifts. Feeling sleepy, the voice again spoke to me, “come” I felt my way, in the mist, and saw a vague image of a man, standing just ahead, though the image seemed distorted, and his appearance kept changing, he was like a hologram, first a Templar knight in full armour, then a younger version, a romantic, young bard, with long flowing hair, a smooth complexion, a small goatee beard, smouldering, stormy blue eyes.  The figure of the man, changed, appearance, again, a mature, hardened warrior. In gleaming armour, then, the figure faded, again.
 I walked to where the figure had been standing, and found a bed, of dead leaves, soil, and bracken fronds, wearily, aching and so tired; I curled up in the fronds, feeling the heavy breathing of the creature I had landed on. Feeling the loving embrace of his coils, as he carefully, caressed my tired body, lovingly, breathing his mists, over me, as I drifted into, a dark, deep sleep, shadows surrounding, me. Vaguely, I was aware that I looked down, at myself, asleep in the dragon’s coils, amongst the mellow, wisps of smoke, asleep in the arms, of the handsome knight bard.  Feeling safe deep in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment